Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mama Bean decided to do everything twice today


This morning, after bundling Sprout into her car seat and fetching the grocery baskets from the basement, I wrangled Bean into his jacket and shoes. Then remembered I needed to bring snack/breakfast for him, because it was too early in the morning for grocery store free cookies. Then had to wrangle him back into the jacket and shoes he took off. I like dressing my toddler twice.

After parking, transferring my children and baskets to the cart, and pushing them into the store, I remembered the pictures I'd loaded onto my thumb drive to print, which was still in the car. But I'd already put items into the cart. So I finished all my shopping, unloaded the groceries into the car, fetched my thumb drive, went back to the store, and printed my pictures. My toddler was really happy to do the boring picture printing task at the end of the trip, after I'd run out of snack and breakfast and patience :/ I like turning one shopping trip into two.

On the way to the store, I tried to go to the bank, but couldn't find the door to the branch, and realized it wouldn't be open anyway for another half hour. So I went to a different branch after the store, even though I was running twenty minutes behind schedule. And because my bank has no drive-through ATMs in the city, I had to unload the kiddies into the bank with me. At least the teller rewarded me for being a momma-trooper by giving my toddler a sucker. Um, hello?! Where's my sucker?! I like visiting two banks for one task.

When I got home, I unloaded the car in about four trips, and reloaded it in another four. I couldn't seem to figure out how to go into the house with one thing, and come out of it with another, to turn eight trips into four. This always seems to happen, this inability to grasp efficiency, when I am low on time. I like doubling my preparation efforts (and halving my efficiency.)

After dropping off the kids (thank you for the brownie, S, it was so so delicious!) I realized I could have just gone to the branch of my bank that's on my way to work, and I could have done it without children, oy! I went to our other bank to make a deposit. Got to the ATM and realized I'd left half my deposit items in the car, but I'd already put in my card and PIN. So I finished my deposit, went back to the car for the other items, and deposited them in a second transaction. I like wasting bank transactions.

Then it turned out I didn't even need to rush to work because the meeting that was supposed to start at 12 didn't start till 1. That was the. best. part.

Welp, two days in one. It was a ride. How was your day?


No comments:

Post a Comment